The child who asked for a picture

I still remember, at Singapore's send-off ceremony I was walking from the ceremony site by the pier to the immigration gate. I sensed somebody was following me and vaguely said, "Excuse me... excuse me...".

Turning my back, I saw a little boy and his little sister. His face was truly innocent, his eyes seemed to be in wonder--maybe he was attracted by a shiny thing on my hat, the Garuda pin. A bit shy, he asked in doubt, "Nngg... can I take a photo with you?" His parents were not far from him, smiling.

I squatted, putting my arms around him and his sister. His father then took a picture of us. Too bad I didn't have my name card with me. The children ran back to their parents, and we had a good bye.

If only I knew which PYs were staying with this family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to hear from you. Put your comments below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...