Final round of speech contest

This is just a recollection of fun memories. In the final round of speech contest, the theme was 'indomitable spirit' and I associated it with the three-part division of human soul in Plato's The Republic: appetitive soul, spirited soul, and rational soul.

One judge asked after my performance, "How do you relate it with Abraham Maslow's pyramid of human needs?" Suddenly the atmosphere turned to be like a thesis defence or public lecture.

Thankfully, I knew a bit of this pyramid used in psychology: the top is self-actualisation, and the bottom, which is the most basic need human must fulfil before anything else, is--I saw it on 9GAG--Wi-Fi. LOL

Of course I didn't mention Wi-Fi. But it's hard to keep serious when the question triggered me to think of the vandalised version of Maslow's pyramid.

Posted on Facebook on 23 September 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to hear from you. Put your comments below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...