Whose time? Whose watch?

"Everybody, follow my watch."
Have you been in a situation where a group of people have to gather and do a particular activity in a designated time and place? Usually one person, the leader, then tells the group what time his/her watch is showing, thereby asking them to adjust their watches accordingly.

It's apparent, though, that nobody can guarantee the accuracy of the leader's watch. It might show five minutes earlier or later than the actual time. You know, some people are fond of advancing their watches' time by 5-10 minutes for the sake of punctuality--a move that's not always effective.

In that familiar situation, I never willingfully adjust my watch. For I believe that I've updated my watch using the Internet time so that it always shows the most accurate time. I know the accuracy is not on the millisecond level, but at least you don't go farther than a minute.

And it's always laughable when a person designates his/her watch as the benchmark for the rest of the group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to hear from you. Put your comments below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...