Subscribing to NatGeo Indonesia

I begin to subscribe to National Geographic Indonesia and National Geographic Traveler Indonesia magazines in this month. I know it's a very late move given that NatGeo Indonesia published its first edition in 2009. Several reasons have prompted me to take the subscription.
  1. Both magazines offer information appealing to general readership. Covering journalistic reports on every corner of the world (and the space), these magazines appear to me as a comprehensive companion to observing quotidian reality of human being and nature. 
  2. Both excel in photography. While I have yet a long way to appreciate photography, I like the quality of pictures printed on each page. The guys on the field have done an incredible job.
  3. Both are written in Bahasa Indonesia. Apart from being more affordable for us Indonesians, these magazines show a witty use of Indonesian language on the part of the translators. I like the way they play with rhyming words for headings, and make extensive use of Indonesian vocabulary, which sometimes prompts me to consult a dictionary. Apparently, reading these magazines is appreciating not only the world but also Bahasa Indonesia.
  4. Since they are written in Bahasa Indonesia, one can read additional articles written by local journalists as well. That means, I've got more contents I'm interested in as the board of editors must have selected articles suitable to Indonesian readers, leaving less popular ones in the original edition. I'm not buying a publication that's a pure translation from English.
  5. Both are collectable. Firm binding, glossy paper, and the iconic yellow frame, all these attract most readers to keep the magazines stand upright on shelves, instead of scattering them (cf. fashion magazines in a beauty salon). 
This post is not endorsed by National Geographic Indonesia and National Geographic Traveler Indonesia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to hear from you. Put your comments below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...